Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-09-17 Origin:Site
Study On Water Retention Of Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose HPMC
1. Water retention is one of the important indexes to measure the quality of hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose ether HPMC, especially in the thin layer construction of cement mortar and gypsum based products.
2. Strengthening the water retention can effectively prevent the phenomenon of strength decline and cracking caused by too fast drying and insufficient hydration.
3. It has strong adhesion and good sag resistance
4. Modified cellulose ether has a very good thickening effect, adding in dry powder mortar can make the viscosity increase thousands of times, which can provide better bonding strength, fluidity, structural stability and workability.
5. In the mortar with high pH value, it can promote the rapid dissolution, which can be completely dissolved in a few minutes.
6. The mortar has good fluidity and suitable air entrainment. This can reduce the density of mortar, better workability, and improve the output of mortar. At the same time, the air remaining in the mortar makes the concrete have better thermal insulation function.
Effect of hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose HPMC in mortar
In order to set cementitious materials such as cement and gypsum, water is needed for hydration. The proper amount of cellulose ether HPMC can keep the moisture in the mortar for a long time, so that the setting and hardening process can continue.
The amount of celulose ether HPMC needed to obtain sufficient water retention capacity depends on the following factors:
1. Absorption of base course
2. Composition of mortar
3. Layer thickness of mortar
4. Water requirement of mortar
5. Setting time of cementitious materials