Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-07-07 Origin: Site
Construction Grade Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose Ethers HPMC
CAS number: 9004-65-3
Molecular weight: 86000.00000
Appearance and properties: white or off-white fibrous or granular powder
Density: 1.39 g/cm3
Solubility: almost insoluble in absolute ethanol, ether and acetone; swells into a clear or slightly cloudy colloidal solution in cold water
Stability: The solid is flammable and incompatible with strong oxidants.
HPMC Chemical Properties
1. Appearance: white or almost white powder.
2. Granularity; 100 mesh pass rate is greater than 98.5%; 80 mesh pass rate is 100%. Special specifications of particle size 40 ~ 60 mesh.
3. Carbonization temperature: 280-300℃
4. Apparent density: 0.25-0.70g/cm (usually around 0.5g/cm), specific gravity 1.26-1.31.
5. Discoloration temperature: 190-200℃
6. Surface tension: 2% aqueous solution is 42-56dyn/cm.
7. Solubility: soluble in water and some solvents, such as ethanol/water and propanol/water in appropriate proportions. The aqueous solution has surface activity. High transparency, stable performance, different specifications of products have different gel temperatures, solubility changes with viscosity, the lower the viscosity, the greater the solubility, the performance of different specifications of HPMC has a certain difference, the solubility of HPMC in water is not affected by pH.
8. As HPMC content decreases, gel point increases, water solubility decreases, and surface activity also decreases.
9. HPMC also has the characteristics of thickening ability, salt-tolerant low-ash powder, pH stability, water retention, dimensional stability, excellent film formation, and extensive enzyme resistance, dispersion and adhesion.
HPMC Hydroxypropyl MethylCellulose has thermal gelation properties, so after heating the aqueous solution will precipitate and form gels, and dissolve again after cooling. Products of different specifications have different gelling temperatures. Its solubility varies with the viscosity, and the lower the viscosity is, the greater the solubility will be. There are some differences in the properties of Hydroxypropyl MethylCellulose of different specifications. The dissolution of HPMC Hydroxypropyl MethylCellulose in water is not affected by the pH value.